Even thought acting is her career of choice, she worked as a guest designer on several occasions. When it comes to personal style, Kate Moss, Diane Keaton, Alexa Chung, Diane Kruger and Sienna Miller are her fashion heroes; she is a big fan of boho influence and likes wearing clothes with a vintage feel. If you like Rachel’s style, here are seven ways to get closer to it and use it as an inspiration.
When it comes to Rachel Bilson’s style, first thing you might notice is that she doesn’t care for trends, but enjoys browsing through the decades and maintaining a relaxed and laid-back look. She sticks to basics, like chunky sweaters and properly fitted denim, but she likes to dress up for the red carpet events.
Rachel is a big fan of Chanel and the admiration is mutual, because she is one of Karl Lagerfeld’s favorites to dress. Zac Posen and Derek Lam are also on her list of favorite designers, but she is not obsessed with labels, so she can shop for hours, visiting various stores, from street brands and vintage to designer ones. Here are several of our favorite fashion moments by Miss Bilson, so take a good look and tell us what you think.
Outfit No. 1
Rachel might be in her 30’s, but she always looks so fresh and girly, that one might think she is still a teenager. She used lovely weather to wear a vintage-inspired outfit of an A-line skirt, a simple cotton top and a pair of heels in metallic, which made this outfit more interesting and authentic. She completed the look with a cute little purse in dark green and a brown belt. Rachel used calm and earth colors, darker and warmer shades of green, blue and brown and made a contrast with just a pair of pumps. Pretty cool, don’t you agree?
- Bag (mulberry.com)
- 7 for all Mankind Skirt (theoutnet.com)
- Splendid T-Shirt (stylebop.com)
- Christian Louboutin Pumps (luisaviaroma.com)
- Christophe Lemaire Belt (thecorner.com)
- Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses (piperlime.gap.com)
Outfit No. 2
When it comes to black and white combinations, Rachel is aware that playing with fabrics is essential to any outfit. This is also a great look if you want something original for a friend’s wedding or birthday party. While she is not the girl who enjoys reveling too much, Rachel is proud to show off her toned legs in little leather shorts, while keeping it conservative with a tuxedo jacket and a lace covered top.
- Lace Tee (missselfridge.com)
- Jimmy Choo Pumps (net-a-porter.com)
- Acne Tuxedo Jacket (net-a-porter.com)
- Shorts (topshop.com)
- Marc Jacobs Clutch (net-a-porter.com)
Outfit No. 3
This is Rachel’s favorite look: an oversized sweater, a pair of skinny jeans matched with ballet flats. She likes wearing black, as long as accessories are soft and light, so that outfit doesn’t look too dark. She likes camel bags even more than black ones, but this time a simple baby pink scarf completed this casual, yet stylish outfit. It is amazing how one detail can change the whole look and turn it from something boring into something daring.
- Faith Connexion Sweater (stylebop.com)
- Fossil Bag (endless.com)
- Milan the Go Scarf (modcloth.com)
- Vera Wang Ballet Flats (piperlime.gap.com)
- Rag & Bone Jeans (net-a-porter.com)
- American Vintage Supima T-Shirt (jades24.com)
Outfit No. 4
In order to brighten up a semi formal, navy inspired outfit, Rachel chose a hot orange/red skirt and a pair of matching heels. A plain tank top and a blazer completed this outfit, but an absolute hit is this colorful clutch. This is a perfect summer look and since it is made of common and rather basic pieces, anyone can make it. As long as nothing is too tight or too short, you can look as cool as Rachel.
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Sandals (forwardforward.com)
- Skirt (topshop.com)
- Top (welikefashion.com)
- Proenza Schouler PS1 Jacquard Pochette Clutch (shopbop.com)
- Joseph Blazer (stylebop.com)
Outfit No. 5
We don’t see Rachel all dressed up during the day, which is a shame because she looks like a real lady in this nude dress and a coral blazer. Ray Ban sunglasses are her favorites, so she combines them with various styles and for different occasions. Even though she doesn’t care for jewelry that much, Rachel completed this lovely outfit with a vintage inspired necklace. It is interesting that she is not too keen on jewelry, because she collaborated on JewelMint collection.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Dress (stylebop.com)
- Roccobarocco Emilie Tote (forzieri.com)
- Strenesse Blazer (veryeickhoff.com)
- Givenchy Ankle Booties (saksfifthavenue.com)
- Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses (piperlime.gap.com)
- Necklace (endless.com)
Outfit No. 6
Even though she is tiny, Rachel’s figure is stunning and she knows it. While she likes wearing flats during the day, at nights she can reach the stars with a pair of high heels pumps and short, but unusual dresses. Her make up is always flawless and her hair always looks great, but never looks like she is trying too hard. For a formal diner, she chose an electric blue dress, belted it up and chose a white/brown handbag, which is an unusual choice, considering that the main color focus was on blue and black.
- Michael Kors Tote (stylebop.com)
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Asymmetric Dress (farfetch.com)
- Christian Louboutin Filo Pumps (net-a-porter.com)
- Nars Lipstick (bloomingdales.com)
- Maison Boinet Double-Wrap Belt (barneys.com)
- Jacket (farfetch.com)
Outfit No. 7
Even though she describes herself as a Californian girl, she knows how to handle winter days and make them look extra stylish. For this outfit, Rachel choose a navy cape, paired it with a striped cardigan and an amazing pair of ankle boots with fur. Apart from oversized sweaters, Rachel likes oversized bags too, so her outfits are truly practical which makes her a real style star.
- Bag (sheinside.com)
- Knit Sweater (jades24.com)
- Burberry Brit Jeans (stylebop.com)
- Chinese Laundry Boots (heels.com)
- Valentino Cape (net-a-porter.com)
Cover photo: www.fanpop.com